Both first time and experienced landlords welcome. We will calculate how much rental income is required, how much deposit is needed and then advise you on the best mortgage solution based on your property portfolio.
As the world of buy to let and property investment has grown over the last few years, so has the range of buy to let mortgages that are available.
We will advise on the current available products. We will search the whole of the market and also search specialist buy to let lenders. We will help you to decide which buy to let mortgage product best suits your needs, based on your individual circumstances and your long-term investment objectives.
Whether you are purchasing your first buy to let property, or you are an experienced Landlord, we are able to help. Buying a rental property and financing the purchase requires expert advice. Although the availability of investment property finance has increased, wise investors use a specialist mortgage broker to advise on, source and arrange their buy to let mortgages.
There are significant responsibilities that come with being a landlord and they are set out in detail on the government’s website [https://www.gov.uk/renting-out-a-property/landlord-responsibilities]. In summary as a landlord you must:
- Keep your rented properties safe and free from health hazards
- Make sure all gas and electrical equipment is safely installed and maintained
- Provide an Energy Performance Certificate for the property
- Protect your tenant’s deposit in a government-approved scheme
- Check that your tenant has the right the rent the property
- Fit and test smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms
- Follow all fire safety regulations
As part of our insurance service, we can advise on suitable landlord insurance. This is important as policies vary considerably in terms of what they do and do not cover.
Email or call me today to arrange a free consultation meeting.
Note. The Financial Conduct Authority does not regulate some forms of Buy to Let.